Sunday, June 09, 2013

Writers, writing and the home country - from my Facebook page -

Min Ko Naing's paintings? not sure -
  • Shin Min and Thein Gi like this.
  • Myo Nyunt myo nyunt: when will you be in Burma. I just realised that, story telling, is the art of imagination and some of the "reality" a person sees-observes-- hear using the sense of the moment. As time passes one fathoms into ones memory-- very murky is the conscious, but one tries tomake it clear for ones thought (but cannot PWL-- devels, nuts. ghosts maybe our imaginations running wild-- grotesque). Now I realised why we are trapped as a people, a culture SMILE our history does not exist. But in the novels, storys, poems or the narratives , discourses others have sculpted, scripted , written. AAh poetry feelings, love/hate comes to mind. Just the ramblings of a old Burmese ( people think I am mad when I just utter Myanmar--). Best
  • Kyi May Kaung For me, all my fears "come out" in my nightmares when happen in early morning during REM (rapid Eye Movement) sleep - They involve houses falling down, me trying to warn people whose eyes are closed, people refusing to be saved walking backwards into the waves - etc.
  • Kyi May Kaung Tony Kushner, author of play Angels in America, wrote: "Pay attention to the geography of your dreams."
  • Kyi May Kaung I don't know why people ask me when I will be in Burma - I have no need to go - like many writers I "carry Burma" etc with me - I was just interviewed 2 days ago abt FDI in Burma and World Eco. Forum, so clearly I don't need to go to see what's happening either.

Warning --graphic--mass graves Gaza--BBC--

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68891216