Thursday, February 22, 2007

Color Coded on the 22nd of February, 2007

Chinese New Year -- the Year of the Boar (not bore:) has passed.

The anniversary of my father's death, after a car accident in Calcutta, has passed.

I was invited to a Conference on Burma and democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi, in Chicago on 5th April, on the basis of my articles in OpenDemocracy.

It is just like the House of World Culture inviting me and other S.E. Asian writers "who dare to confront" to Berlin in the fall of 2005. The invitations came in as email.

The power of web publishing and blogs, if one is judicious about it.

I helped my dissident friends resolve a mini-crisis.

I "pulled and dropped" a "friend" to my X-files -- because she was cavalier about my original audio material and lost them.

Elephants have long memories.

I baked a fruit cake and offered it on my Buddhist altar.

The Year of the Pig, will be a joyous Pig.

Copyright Kyi May Kaung

Haiti--without a government--

https://www.npr.org/2024/04/18/1245048299/haiti-haitians-cap-haitien?ft=nprml&f=1004