Monday, October 13, 2008

My Skull by Kyi May Kaung --


Photo Copyright Kyi May Kaung



Covered skull art work and photo Copyright Kyi May Kaung.

When A. dropped off the skull, I was afraid to open the box for a few days, in spite of being born into a Buddhist culture. When I unwrapped it, the plastic felt slimy. The screws, especially the big one, the open-up top, the hinges and the teeth bothered me. So I quickly covered them up with torn up brown paper bags from Chinese takeout food, using a pot of home-made glue. I covered the mouth because of the teeth. Now it looks like an Egyptian mummy that can't talk.

Copyright Kyi May Kaung.

From Myanmar Now--bumbling SAC propagandist-- SACK!--+ don't trust Hunterbrook Media--

Myanmar’s military regime is not renowned for its sophisticated propaganda machine. Much of what passes for strategic messaging from the rul...