That was a powerful poem you sent me
from the roofs of Iran,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKUZuv6_bus&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffingtonpost.com%2F&feature=player_embedded
I think of Faiz Ahmed Faiz,
whom I first met
on the pages of a Rushdie novel
I would not have known you existed otherwise
reading poetry to stadiums
full of people.
I think of Burma.
I think of Tiananmen.
Now you tell me
which MFA program in America
Master of Fine Arts
Could have produced,
something like this?
The trauma would have had
to come first.
Copyright Kyi May Kaung 2-21-09
You Tube copyright Iranian Poet.
Burma, America, The World, Art, Literature, Political Economy through the eyes of a Permanent Exile. "We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the oppressed. Sometimes we must interfere. . . There is so much injustice and suffering crying out for our attention . . . writers and poets, prisoners in so many lands governed by the left and by the right." Elie Wiesel, Nobel Peace Prize Speech, 1986, Oslo. This entire site copyright Kyi May Kaung unless indicated otherwise.
Philip ofMacedon's contribution to war.
Philip II of Macedon transformed ancient warfare by turning a disorganized militia into a professional standing army that relied on combine...
-
https://www.ecoticias.com/en/traffic-lights-fourth-color/10086/
-
Directed by Miloš Forman Screenplay by Peter Shaffer Based on Amadeus by Peter Shaffer Mozart and Salieri by Alexander Pus...