Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Quote of the Day from Spike Lee et al, BlackKKKKlansman--Harry Belafonte's last movie

INT. BELL'S NIGHTINGALE - NIGHT
Kwame holds The Crowd in The Palm of his Hand. Members of the
Audience who were sitting already are rising to their Feet...
CLOSE - RON
sits, claps vigorously, as if forgetting he is Undercover...
CLOSE - KWAME
KWAME TURE (CONT'D)
In closing I know it's getting late, may I leave you Sista's and Brothers with these Last Words. "If I am not for myself, who will be? If I am for myself alone, who am I? If not now, when? And if not you, who?" We need an Undying Love for Black People wherever We may be. Good Night and POWER TO THE PEOPLE, POWER TO THE PEOPLE.
The BLACK MASS STANDS AS ONE WITH KWAME TURE.

Jascha Heifetz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFaq9kTlcaY