Saturday, June 03, 2023

I found my father Sithu U Kaung's 1929 MA thesis from London Univ+ Burma banknotes blog

https://www.scribd.com/document/530378580/U-Kaung-1963-Survey-of-History-of-Education-in-Burma-pt1#
Thanks to Thaw Kaung family for uploading to Scrib D.
Sithu=title he was awarded in 1950s
U=Uncle or Mr--(honorific)
He signed the banknotes bc at that time Burmese bank notes were printed at Delarue in UK and he was Chairman of the Burma Currency Board.
Kyi May Kaung
6-2-2023
Actually, I represent his unfinished work (oeuvre)
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more
oeu·vre noun
noun: oeuvre; plural noun: oeuvres
the works of a painter, composer, or author regarded collectively.
"the complete oeuvre of Mozart"
a work of art, music, or literature.
"an early oeuvre"
I got to study Political Science, to paint a lot, to read a lot, to write novels, short stories, essays, poems,
and to live life while his was cut short at age 52.
I remember all the poems he read to me, The Red Shoes, to calm me down when I was 8 and had a fight with cousin Mongoose.
the walks to see Prof. Luce, the art books we looked at together--the walk on the Bund when he went off to chat with monk U Thithtila,
the poetry of Dylan Thomas, of TS Eliot,
t
he Gupta period Buddha head we sculpted and cast with the help of U San Win. --
I wrote in the Dedication to my book-length poem--Shee Monkey goes West,
"I hope Dear Father,
You are proud of me."
You are all welcome to copy and paste this on yr social media
Kyi May Kaung
The Middle Daughter
6-2-2023

Heat stroke symptoms--

Symptoms: Throbbing headache, confusion, nausea, dizziness, body temperature above 103°F, hot, red, dry or damp skin, rapid and strong pulse...