Tuesday, July 23, 2024

I once saw a pencil drawing on paper of similar size, a portrait of Burma's democratically elected first PM U NU

"Mr Tender."
by Anna Wallinska.
Anna Wallinska was the artist sister of economist the late Louis Wallinski.
Wallinski was U Nu's economic advisor.
I saw it when I went to interview Louis, then about age 90, in his apartment in DC.
He spoke so softly, so Ispoke softly and when I got back to the radio station nothing was on the mini-disc.
I had to call in tech and do the interview via telephone.
Through their niece, I received a gift of mulberry (Shan) paper. I have only used a few sheets. It's from the 1950s and I intend to make a folded? kite like Ai Wei Wei's Alcatraz "kites."
I'm thinking I should make the spines of wire.
I have to make it so itcan be disassembled and stored flat,
Louis Wallinski died age 92 in 2001.
Rest in Protest, Wallinskis.
Kyi May Kaung (Ph.D)
7
-23-2024

National Gallery of Art--Impressionist Movement

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/national-gallery-of-art-set-to-open-paris-1874-the-impressionist-movement/