Friday, September 06, 2024

Found flash poetry-- from 2004-2007--Nincompoops frogs in the well.

Two former sisters in law:
"When I made bread for them in a bread maker, she said this was the best bread she ever tasted."
"She" had never traveled beyond Rangoon and Moulmein even inside Burma.
"Is there good bread in America?"
She was very jealous when I won a scholarship for a Ph.D. *
After Cyclone Nargis:
"We've bribed everyone we should have bribed. Still the electricity is not on yet."
"Wet Poke" Dirty Pig (pseudonym) found a finger in a fish she was cleaning.
"We threw away the fish."
Democracy colleague who jumped the fence in 2011--
from 2007: "You can't shoot prices to keep them down."
So you want to be like J.K.Rawling?
"The (semen) donor is not--It's my friend."
Another former sister in law--"Chickens are cheaper in America."
I didn't even bother explaining to them that America subsidizes the agricultural sector.
Democracy colleague about when ABSDF factions put death threats on each other(Pajau Massacre):
"At this point I had had enough."
It's like a botched marriage or exile,ha?
At this point I've stopped speaking, reading and writing Burmese.
When I said, They should become impotent--meaning"not potent"not powerful
My then husband laughed his head off.
KMKaung
9-6-2024

Starry starry night--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q5fuVFWe0Q Van Gogh Museum --Amsterdam--a recreation of Van Gogh in his voice. In these closeups--you se...