Monday, September 23, 2024

Wow--John Barendt's masterpiece--creative non-fiction--Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil--+Dominic Dunne+ Truman Capote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_in_the_Garden_of_Good_and_Evil
Although it's a gay love story (not exactly my cup of tea)and a murder story--though not a mystery--(I don't read murder mysteries either--only read Edgar Wallace and some Agatha Christie as a teenager) it remains in my memory and the cover is embedded in my brain too.
I remember everything, the scene in the cemetery, the Lady Chablis.
I read it either in Philadelphia or in D.C., late 1990s or early 2000s.
Barendt's book on Murillo glass blowers does not come up to Midnight.
It's like Dominic Dunne-- 1997
Another City, Not My Own is a 1997 novel by Dominick Dunne. The roman à clef, subtitled A Novel in the Form of a Memoir, was inspired by Dunne's experiences in Los Angeles while covering the O.J. Simpson murder trial for Vanity Fair. The hardcover edition ( ISBN 0-609-60100-8) was released by Crown Publishers.
Another City, Not My Own - Wikipedia Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Another_City,_Not_M...
which I read about 10 years ago.
And then of course, theres' Truman Capote's In Cold Blood--which I first heard of in Burma in the 1970s and read also about 10 years ago--between jobs--and with a new job which required a lot of travel but with more flex time. (Thank you, NCGUB, The Burma Fund)
These 3 books are exceptional--read them--

C-Drama Qin Empire--search with Google--

series name ep 1 eng sub https://www.google.com/search?q=The+Qin+Empire--C-Drama+ep+1+eng+sub&client=firefox-b-1-d&sca_esv=3f3ee4a...