Monday, September 23, 2024

Sir Kazuo Ishiguro--British-Japanese Nobel Laureate in Literature in 2017 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazuo_Ishiguro
I read his first 2 novels and saw the movie version
of Remains of the Day.
I saw him at a book reading in about 1994 in Philadelphia at Borders Book Store.
He asked "Who's handling your book?"
I didn't have a literary agent then and I don't have one now. :(
It's getting "boring"--
He was wearing an old sweater --light brown/beige color with yarn balls? on it.
I'm all for non-white writers--internationals or multicultural Fortunately, there are a lot of us now--writing in English or being translated. South Americans, Nigerians, Indians, Chinese--and a very few Burmese-born--which is not good.
But I am still alive and I am still writing and painting.
A lot of artists and writers make the world wider and more interesting.
Kyi May Kaung
9-23-2024

C-Drama Qin Empire--search with Google--

series name ep 1 eng sub https://www.google.com/search?q=The+Qin+Empire--C-Drama+ep+1+eng+sub&client=firefox-b-1-d&sca_esv=3f3ee4a...