Saturday, March 24, 2007

Article about my art show Mostly Burmese Mugs in The Gazette

Human Rights Activist.

All Words and Images on this Blog - Copyright Kyi May Kaung unless specifically attributed.
For Gazette article please see:


http://www.gazette.net/stories/032107/bethnew231523_32328.shtml

Thank you Audrey Dutton and Adam Fenster and The Gazette.

Thank you Amy Kincaid, Lene and Ababe at Space 7-10 Kefa Cafe.

Thank you Tom Block.

Thank you Bijan Bayne for the captions.

Thank you Khin May Zaw.

For all the time and support you have given me to make this show and this article possible.

Thank you my sons, friends and family members for giving me permission to paint your likenesses (and change them!) --

and encouraging me to paint "in series" and "a series of Asian women."

Thank you all the Activists who have told me your Stories.

Kyi May Kaung

From Myanmar Now--bumbling SAC propagandist-- SACK!--+ don't trust Hunterbrook Media--

Myanmar’s military regime is not renowned for its sophisticated propaganda machine. Much of what passes for strategic messaging from the rul...