Sunday, March 30, 2008

Cambodian survivor of Killing Fields fame, Dith Pran, dies of pancreatic cancer --

Offerings -- Bali -- photo copyright Kyi May Kaung (The ephemeral art of Bali)

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/30/dith.pran.obit.ap/index.html

I was just speaking of Sidney Schanberg's biography of Dith Pran, The Death and Life of Dith Pran, and of Haing S. Ngor's autobiography, among other things, at my Bookshelf (Dr. Kaung's Salon) discussions in Silver Spring on Friday.

I am very saddened to hear of Dith Pran's death at this comparatively young age.

I would like to dedicate this talk I gave about Cambodia to the Cambodian survivors and all those 2-3 million who were killed by the Khmer Rouge between 1975 and 1978, when Cambodia was liberated from the Khmer Rouge by Vietnamese forces.

My talk went well and was attended by a number of people including three who had been recently to Cambodia.

I will post the book list shortly.

Kyi May Kaung

Crochet Crowd--pinwheel turorial--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hv5BqOaNfk