Friday, May 07, 2010

vertical gardens in Manhatten --

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/06/garden/06vertical.html?src=me&ref=general

I have my own versions which I created on shelves and tabletops for a lot less money (mostly from a few bought plants and seedlings and cuttings I propagated on my own,) as I need the walls for a rotating display of my own paintings.

I also need bookshelves for books.

So, yes, everything needs maintenance, such as repotting,"grooming" -- getting rid of old leaves that drop on the floor, shortening the vines to remove old stems etc. and in the case of books, constant giving away of "secondary books" that I do not want to keep, or will read only once.

I also rotate the paintings on my walls after each major exhibition.

Kyi May Kaung

Olga Poltava--simple scarf with ruffled edge--

h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jdcdAc-540&list=PLcOhHR3vsCGGPWMKFQuMJLsChctqJb1NY&index=20