Friday, February 22, 2013

My mini review of Mark Bojanowski's The Dog Fighter -

I have read this several times, and I never fail to be moved./ To this day the story remains with me. The author has done a beautiful job of building up the reader's sympathy and empathy for the dog fighter, who in the end -- well - we can't have a spoiler here -- can we?/ It is masterly from the first sentence on./ I look forward to reading much more from Mark Bojanowski./ K.M.Kaung/ On Amazon site - / I still remember when I presented the first sentence of this novel in class, and all the women jumped on me as being cruel to animals - I wonder how they would have reacted if Mark himself were there - of course he is not the protagonist of the novel either -/

From Myanmar Now--bumbling SAC propagandist-- SACK!--+ don't trust Hunterbrook Media--

Myanmar’s military regime is not renowned for its sophisticated propaganda machine. Much of what passes for strategic messaging from the rul...