Tuesday, March 20, 2018

How to delete your Facebook + Burmese experience.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/20/17142806/how-to-delete-facebook-page-account-data-privacy I did it in Sept 2016, but some are saying "they still saw me" there, but "Kyi Kaung" "Clear good" may also be pronounced 'kyii kaung" "looks good" with another meaning, and when I checked it was not a good site and certainly not me. I know there are tons of fake names and accts on FB, even among the "Burmese" This whole scandal with Cambridge Analytica and voter manipulation may sink FB for good. If you are addicted to it, go cold turkey, it's not worth it for the occasional ego stroke. There are a lot of flakey people on FB and it wastes time. But in my case I did manage to write and edit 2 books, one a compilation of my economics colleagues' essays, and one a writing memoir in which I used FB posts for prompts, so I did put it to good use when I had it. (You should ideally compose on a word file and then copy and paste to FB, and keep files well maintained and backed up) I also got back in touch with long lost relatives inside Burma, but now I've said my good byes to them, and I suppose that's that. If they don't trouble to ever check their emails, that's that. It was sad to be instant messaged from a former bro in law's intensive care bedside, and asked if I'd like pictures of his remains. I told his daughter I would rather remember him as he had been. He died while I went off the IM to go to the super mart to get some food, as I was completely out. * At least I know what my surviving relatives look like now. One person said, she had to stand in "ex-myanmar" line at the airport when she went back, and didn't recognize her friend except that she saw her photo on FB, but some ppl put in photos from when they were 20. Most of my 1500 "friends" were casual acquaintances sharing (Indian) recipes, and flower photos, and all the former Burmese dissidents jumped the fence, so it only annoyed me to see their photo opps in Burma. But now and then I stumbled on some really important posts, as when Ma Nandar (I don't think this is her real name, I've changed it) went to reclaim her husband journalist Ko Par Gyi's remains. He did not show up at a meeting place in Thailand and it turned out he was beaten to death in a Burmese prison. This happened AFTER the so called opening up in 2011. The village "elders" under junta then harassed her entourage all the way to Rangoon, saying it was bad luck to take a body through a village. I even got a poem from her site, saying "Don't cry Ma Nandar--when they die--(we will do the same)" And it was nice to meet all the other Burmese writers and visual artists, and I do miss them. Incld someone in LA, whom I cld not find again. But then the video project I had envisioned did not materialize due to lack of funding. So there-- km Kyi May Kaung Words Sounds and Images

Anne Hathaway on casting love scenes--It's a matter of power--(more May-Dec stories)

h ttps://www.aol.com/entertainment/anne-hathaway-says-gross-chemistry-202037521.html