Monday, March 18, 2019

Conn Iggulden's novels


I'm not a boy, I'm not a man, I'm not Roman, nor Mongolian--

nor did I live during the War of the Roses.

Maybe that's why I like reading Iggulden so much.  I discovered Bones of the Hills by accident in a bookstore wh I am now boycotting, bc they don't help writers.

Iggulden is just fantastic.  His Rome series are almost like Robert Graves' I Claudius. Yes, I said "almost" that's maybe a 1/2 star less than max of 5.

I think it's very dangerous for females to read romance novels--look what Jane Austen got me into.

Will never read romance novels again.  I read one Daniele Steele once in 1980s, won't read another either.

km
3-18-2019

USIP warns of scam centers on Burma-Thai border + KNU blames "allies" BGF for loss of Myawaddy (police station)--

KNU blames Border Guard Force for loss of Myawaddy (police station) to junta forces-- 2 consecutive articles in Irrawaddy. https://www.irr...