Tuesday, March 31, 2020

How to make yr own coronavrus mask--this is only for "casual use" Med professionals need better protection.


This template will be a better fit.

I tried (nylon) scarves, but slippery and tend to slip off.

This design has curved nose seam.

I just made mine of pure cotton, finished is 4 1/2 by 11 inches.

Old clean sheets, T shirts are very comfortable to use.

I put on 4 "ribbons" or stitched ties, each abt 12 inches long.

the top 2 ties should be level with the tops of yr ears.

The bottom 2 ties with the bottoms of yr ears.

I just cut off the seams of runner I cannibalized and used those.

Cut piece 1/2 inch extra all round.

Sew:  lay 2 pieces face to face

Look in mirror and mark level of ties with pencil.

lay 2 ties each side INSIDE the face to face pieces, sew sides shut with sewing machine.

That will secure the ties.

Turn mask inside out, pull out corners.  Try it on, ties go behind yr head.

The template design may be a better fit due to curves, but I have made mine my way.

Make about 4 masks per household member.

After each use (say each time you go to market) when you get home, sterilize in assigned pot you keep for each person, bringing to a ROLLING Boil for maybe 10 mins.  You can do this on a hot plate.  Don't sue pot for anything else.

Hang to dry on clean line--store dry masks in a new ziplock bag.

It is best for each person to have his or her own fabric--eg. pink is Kyi's, C's is blue stripes etc-- and not to boil them together.

I hope this helps.

I will test mine tomorrow when I take out trash and do my laundry.

It's more secure fit than scarves.  If you want better fit use the templates wh are in 3 sizes incld children's

best

km



Gorgon/Gorgons--

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorgons