Sunday, January 31, 2021

Breaking news --coup in Burma--Daw Aung San Suu Kyi detained.


This is all I know, --from NYT.

Terrible feeling of deja vu.  This is the only way it could end--9 years, 2012-2021 of fake or facade democracy.

Of course feel free to share.

I wonder if those who jumped the fence feel it was worth it.

I'm glad I focused on fiction and visual arts and my health since 2012.

Now the dead in the water "Burmese democracy movement overseas" will find it hard to activate on Daw Suu's behalf.

Death, old age and attrition have decimated its ranks, and will be much harder now to pull ourselves up by our white hair.

And some may not want to or be able to.

km

1-31-2021

 

Yuan Dynasty and death of Kublai Khan--from wiki

The Yuan dynasty created the "Han Army" (漢軍) out of defected Jin troops and an army of defected Song troops called the "Newly...