Thursday, March 14, 2024

Special special post--Eugene Yawngwe's memoir--Shan of Burma

https://www.academia.edu/42252024/Chao_tzang_yawnghwe_the_shan_of_burma_memoirs_of_a_shan_exile
Recipients--you are receiving this bc I assume it will be of interest to you.
You don't need to read it now or even ever--
Your ignorance is not my problem.
U Eugene's family and mine go a long way back--to before I was born, when Yawngwe Sawbwa sheltered my parents and older brother and 40 other families near Yat Sauk Waterfall in the Shan States.
It was my honor to work closely with U Eugene and his brother Harn 1997--present and U Eugene's passing in 2004 in the Burmese Democracy Movement Overseas.
In school in Rangoon, Ying Ying Thaike (Princess Sao Ying Sita) was one of my best friends. With June Taw, we were considered look-alikes. Ying also wanted to be a writer.
I also met Tiger in Canada in the 1990s, when Yawngwe Mahadevi (Queen) came to listen to a talk I gave.
The sound of heads turning and people whispering was like falling leaves.
I managed to catch up with her and thank her in the ladies' rest room--
Fictionalized scenes from Yatsauk are in my unpublished novel Once.
I asked Aunty if she had any family photos--she said, "How can I have photos? I had to leave with the clothes on my back."
You know who has them?
Notorious crony and arms dealer Tayza--thief.
Saw them on his Facebook.
Download all of them from there.
kmk
3-14-2024

Restricted--US Army Manual of GuerillaWarfare + Che Guevera

Highly recommended--but don't let it get to anyone junta-connected. No fence sitters, no extreme religious, no extreme “nationalists.&q...