Thursday, May 02, 2024

My novella Black Rice--

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Rice-Novella-K-Kaung/dp/0615797520
It was originally part of a much longer autobiographical novel starting with my parents waiting out World War II in Yawngwe,under the protection of the Yawngwe (Nyaungshwe)sawbwa.
I happened to show it to an African-American friend of mine--who suggested I send it out.
It's inspired by my cousin's story--but all the rest is fictional, a conflation of many stories plus my imagination.
To the writer/reader who wanted to know "what happened to him," of course I know.
He also appears as Uncle Ah Par in Wolf.
As to how he ends up, you'll have to wait.
In my autobiographical novel, Black Rice is not a major character.
He's one of the confused, involved with Bright Sun.
That's all I can say.
My writing is deisgned for you to think.
I don't think he's a cruel man--just mixed up.
There are tons ofpeople like that--too bad. In the end they stand by and do nothing.
But the piper eventually needs tobe paid.
Kyi May Kaung
5-1-2024

Cowboy in Manhatten--

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboy_in_Manhattan