Monday, June 25, 2018

Special post--interview of artist Ed Ruscha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CDQ5iynxYE Thanks to my friends in San Fran who took me to an exhibition of Ed Ruscha's paintings. "A word has no size" so we can make it as small or as large as we wish. It also gives the lie to that stupid Q some of my classmates asked. "Who is your audience." As if anyone cares. I sold things I thought no one would like, such as a jacket I thought "did not work" and a painting, a self portrait, that I painted mainly for myself. So. As Martha Graham said, "I don't care whether you can dance. Just get up and dance." I know I was very influenced by seeing Martha Graham dance, in Rangoon, when I was about 8 or 9. She came later, but then her student danced and it was just not the same. km Kyi May Kaung Words Sounds and Images

From Myanmar Now--bumbling SAC propagandist-- SACK!--+ don't trust Hunterbrook Media--

Myanmar’s military regime is not renowned for its sophisticated propaganda machine. Much of what passes for strategic messaging from the rul...