Sunday, December 17, 2023

Ah Nyient performer on why she left Burma--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DM1r3CbBRM
I
nformal translation --
and summary--
"At first they quelled the gatherings with tear gas--but after I saw a young person shot right there in front of me, I couldn't stand it any more and left (for Thalland.) --
Then friends said 'Elder Sister, since you are here already, why not perform again?'
So that's why I started again.--I just want to see people smiling and laughing again with their families.
Some people (support the junta) but I can't swallow that kind of rice. -
Bogyoke Aung San (Aung San Suu Kyi's father) founded the Burmese Army(during World War II, Japanese Occupation)
but Aung San's army did not kill the people. What this military junta is doing--burning, killing, maiming, torturing, is not acceptable.
This Revolution must succeed." -
-Gives 3-finger salute. _-
Ah Nyeint is a song and dance comedy routine with the female star accompanied by 2-4 clowns who often make (political) jokes.
kmk
12-17-2023

From Myanmar Now--junta helicopter shot down, Sunprabum, Magwe oil rig--

https://myanmar-now.org/en/news/karenni-resistance-forces-shoot-down-junta-helicopter/ In 1960s family friend of ours, son of very famous...