Thursday, September 10, 2026

What it's like to lose a pet--at least I don't have a pet. Imagine if it were a human being.

https://granta.com/hawaiian-fauna/
Today I could not find a book I needed. This happens now and then.
I had to order it again. The price had gone up considerably.
But what to do, I need it.
It's happened to me before with one other book.
It was Paul Kahn's Secret History of the Mongols. I like it because it's memorable. It's poetic. It describes how Hoelan was abducted from her first husband by Genghis/Temujin's father. How she gave her husband her shirt sohe could remember her.How she cried so much the rivers filled up.
To balance that expensive purchase,I bought a used copy of R. K. Narayan's abridged Ramayana at $6.47
R.K. Narayan was a President of India. His wife Usha Narayan was born in Mandalay, Burma and also a famous writer.
The rest on my shopping list were cashew nuts and a new monitor I needed because the old one may be defective--but the cheapest is 19.99 and I had to buy a whole kit.
So there you have it.
Lot of bills to pay this month. And not all peanuts.
Copyright Kyi May Kaung
9-10-2026

This is very good and very hard to find--so keep this link safe--Qin Dymaty Epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFcPLU7Iwcg