Friday, January 11, 2013

Left on Kanlaon's blog - opportunity costs and Chinese imports

I just love Self and this blog -wondered why you were walking - for me Walmart is 2.31 miles away so I walk 4.62 miles if I go and back. I found that to order George R. R. Martin's 4 pack I would only have to pay less than $2 for delivery, while pick up or home delivery, the date I will get it is the same - so what with waiting for good weather and forgetting and feeling tired all the time - less than $2 for walking over 4 miles is OK, not to factor in my time, and getting dressed and ready to go out. There's nothing very interesting to see along the way and the people watching is also useless here as everyone is in a car. Seeing a bus is very rare and I heard there is one bus accident a day. Epiphany of the day - I never knew Walmart sells guns, and books! I know it all comes from China, but was I glad to get a coat, padded, red for $20. In 30 years I have never bought a $20 coat. The army surplus jacket I have was $20, off a truck, but it is old and not as warm -- bought during the first Iraq War, and I really could not wear it on Penn campus - go figure - it all comes off the backs of Chinese workers I know, but what to do - I am retired and on a limited income - Kyi May Kaung

Specialpost--Ellen Bernstein--expose of World Bank Rohingya project--

https://www.irrawaddy.com/culture/books/hellfire-and-damnation-in-myanmar-ex-world-bank-country-head-recounts-rohingya-catastrophe-response....