Thursday, January 10, 2013

I want to change myself - by Fadhil al Awazzi via Ko Ko Thett

I want to change myself/ After all my heavy losses/ Here and there/ After all my ever-bleeding wounds/ From the lost wars of my short life/ I saw how fragile I was./ I sat and thought about what I should do/ To rebuild the ruins of my afflicted soul./ * I think I have to change my body parts/ One by one,/ Some of them, at least – / To earn the happy days to come./ * I think I need/ A new pump for my heart/ To love as many women as I want./ I´ll need a lung, washed out of tar and nicotine/ To smell the streets after rain,/ And nerves of steel/ To bear the blows of fate,/ And new blood, rich with red and white blood/ To donate/ (to) The victims of the coming wars./ * I need/ A stomach that thankfully digests all I give it,/ Sharp teeth to tear the barbarians/ Coming down upon us from their snowy mountains,/ A wide chest to be kind to treacherous friends,/ Long limbs to win the Olympic Games,/ And tender lips for burning kisses./ * What would it matter if I were bald?/ My remaining hairs/ The wind will gently comb back./ * My liver and spleen/ I will leave as they are –/ I really must spend as little as possible – / And my head will just have to find its way out of the trouble/ The way it has always done./ * In short: I have to be alive enough/ To still look like myself after all./ *

Convicted air force major blames wife for her own death--

h ttps://www.aol.com/convicted-air-force-major-blames-040900187.html