Monday, July 30, 2007

Irrawaddy has re-published my 2001 article on Burma and Sanctions

http://www.irrawaddymedia.com/article.php?art_id=251

I had another near miss with Ma Thanegi, well known junta apologist, at the art opening for 35 Myanmar artists at Chiangmai Art Museum, Chiangmai, Thailand on 13th July.

I went there to see the beautiful art and the artists. But Ma Thanegi seems to have thought this a good occasion to pick a fight with me.

I managed to walk away and see the art.

I felt if she had an issue with the 2001 article, she should have written a repartee to The Irrawaddy between then and now, almost 7 years.

Last year I saw her from a distance at the Burma Studies Seminar in Singapore. I smiled at her, but she avoided me.

Chiangmai gossip is that she is under pressure herself from the junta, and also that she is working on "sending the Palaung home."

If so, Burma watchers need to pay attention.

I have no way of checking these rumors.

Anne Hathaway on casting love scenes--It's a matter of power--(more May-Dec stories)

h ttps://www.aol.com/entertainment/anne-hathaway-says-gross-chemistry-202037521.html