Saturday, September 27, 2008

Hope everyone listened to U.S. Presidential Candidates' debate --

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/27/us/politics/27debate.html?_r=1&th=&adxnnl=1&emc=th&adxnnlx=1222524286-Y4MDaQ/EB5U0H40DdlSYUQ&oref=slogin

I did not like Senator McCain's rambling, personalized non-answers, and was impressed by Sen. Obama's grasp of economics, numbers and foreign affairs, as well as his overall macro view.

I thought McCain was patronizing and talked down to Obama which he had no cause to do, while Obama remained cool and polite, but did not let false statement pass.

I invite my Burma audience to comment.

From my own informal surveys of Burmese dissidents and people in Indonesia, most like the Obamas. They spoke as if they knew Michelle and Barack in person. They often asked me to "give my regards to Sen. Obama when I return to D.C." People I spoke to included a high ranking Thai-based Burmese dissident, another one who recently won a prize, a lovely 85 year old grandmother (now deceased) who shook hands with me on this as early as last summer,a busboy in Bali who pointed to his sunburned skin.

Kyi May Kaung

From Myanmar Now--bumbling SAC propagandist-- SACK!--+ don't trust Hunterbrook Media--

Myanmar’s military regime is not renowned for its sophisticated propaganda machine. Much of what passes for strategic messaging from the rul...