Sunday, March 22, 2009

Kyi May Kaung reads her poem "Poetic Justice" -- Video "Tongues Don't Have Bones" by Lisa DiLillo --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0lBFVcguKE

It's amazing that this poem still has so much power a decade and a half after I wrote it.

I wish it were otherwise. But the junta's ratcheted up oppression makes the poem still true.

Contrary to what one reviewer in The Village Voice wrote, my poetry was not illustrating Lisa's video but the other way around.

Lisa told me the "big puppet" dancers were in fact performing in Virginia, but the curtain falling just was so metaphorical.

She has fitted the cadences of the poem with the dancer's movements superbly.

The rest were "tourist shots."

Thank you Lisa for a beautiful work of art and a lovely showcase for my poetry.

For copies, contact Lisa DiLillo at her website.

For copies of my poetry chapbooks, leave a message and your real name and email address (it won't be published) on this blog site.

I also welcome poetry and portrait commissions.

Kyi May Kaung