Monday, July 29, 2013

Why I write - by Dr.Maung Zarni - posted with permission -

I am home alone, with my 4-year old, whom I had just read to and cuddled as she fell asleep.

Aside from my values and worldview, what keeps me going as an activist is something quite simple, 'un-educated' and human.

A mix of outrage and compassion - neither just sheer anger nor plain compassion.

I routinely feel a mix of immense feelings each time I hold my little girl in my arms:
a parental love/bliss and an inexplicable pain knowing so many children live in fear- and risk-soaked lives.

Hundreds of thousands of children my daughters' ages, live with no warmth, comfort and care, thanks to state-induced abject poverty which force their parents away from home in search of meals, state-sponsored ethnic cleansing, racial violence, internal colonial wars of loots, nationalist delusions and greed of the Tamadaw leaders.

It's not good enough for me that my children have comfortable beds and a warm and loving home while others starve, get molested, raped, abducted, killed, maimed, sold into modern slavery or indentured labour.

I don't think I can change how I feel about this unjust and sick world.

That's what keeps me going in my activism. I'll die angry and compassionate.
Like ·  · Share · Promote · 12 minutes ago · 
 
From Dr. Maung Zarni's Facebook page .

From Myanmar Now--bumbling SAC propagandist-- SACK!--+ don't trust Hunterbrook Media--

Myanmar’s military regime is not renowned for its sophisticated propaganda machine. Much of what passes for strategic messaging from the rul...