Sunday, August 03, 2014

Quote of Yesterday--from my father U Kaung--

Quote of Yesterday:

My father as we headed home via Suez in 1949, while everyone else was leaving Burma--first wave.

"Now all the rats are leaving the sinking ship."

I was seven and had never heard this strange word "independence" lutt lat yay

in my life before.

What the hell were they talking about.

Then at tea time on Fytche Road, my aunty began to talk about the Burman soldiers throwing Karen babies into the bomb fires.

Welcome to your ancestral home, Little Girl.

My coz Mongoose and I would go down into the bone kyin (bomb shelter) to see the dog giving birth.

KMKaung
8-3-2014


Anne Hathaway on casting love scenes--It's a matter of power--(more May-Dec stories)

h ttps://www.aol.com/entertainment/anne-hathaway-says-gross-chemistry-202037521.html