Thursday, January 14, 2016

Saw movie The Revenant--

I saw The Revenant, and I think the dead horse may have been an artful fake.

Lots of sculptors, stunt men and prosthesis-makers in the credits.

But it does not matter, novels and movies are about the suspension of disbelief.

I was completely engrossed and stayed till the last credit and the last note of music.

I was so enthralled, I forgot my hat, which the man who came in to sweep the floor picked up for me.

He then greeted me again when I came out of the ladies with my hat and scarf on.

Sure beats going to the movies in Burma, with the piles of sunflower seed shells on the floor and rats running around (nationalized theaters).

Hard then to suspend disbelief.

I was always worried someone would get stabbed in the ticket lines, which had bars at the sides as well as the top.

Once I went to Wizaya Cinema on Boundary Road with my toddler, who got scared of the Jungle Book snake singing, Trust in me, and spent the entire movie looking at the beam of light coming from the camera.

Also, it was extremely hot.

Maybe that's why they all don't like fiction the way I do.

Oh well, as my economics mentor said, "Kyi May, there does not need to be more than one poet in a family."

It's like How many economists does it take to change a light bulb.

I forget what the punch line to that one was.

KMKaung
1-14-2016
Life and Art--



Anne Hathaway on casting love scenes--It's a matter of power--(more May-Dec stories)

h ttps://www.aol.com/entertainment/anne-hathaway-says-gross-chemistry-202037521.html