Thursday, March 01, 2018

Novella--FGM--about the mutilation of women.

https://www.amazon.com/FGM-Story-about-Mutilation-Women-ebook/dp/B00KJ3FUOE/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8 This novella is especially priced at below market price, in an effort to raise awareness of the sexual abuse of women, in some cases, "traditional" institutionalized abuse. I wrote it because a classmate from Egypt wrote about it. I had not heard of it before. So I did some research and wrote it. It is not a social or medical report. It's a short story and fiction. In other words, it's a made up story, about imagined people, but nevertheless, FGM still happens, sometimes in the developed world. Sometimes, amazingly, the mothers are complicit. I think one reader was expecting a medical report with aggregative statistics, but it was not my intention to write a report. kmk 3-1-2018