Saturday, February 02, 2019

Quote of the day-coping with blindness.

Mary: Are you still keeping a diary? John: No—well, my secretary keeps an appointment diary. (laughs) I'm busy doing my work. Remember blindness is only a hobby, my sideline. My main work is writing, teaching, contributing to research and running committees at the Queen's Foundation. (Editor's note: The Queen's Foundation is an ecumenical institution, training women and men for ministries within the Church of England, the Methodist Church and the United Reformed Church.) I also continue doing speaking engagements although I don't travel extensively. I used to travel by myself all the world, just me and my cane, taking a person's elbow at train platforms etc. But I'm 77 years old now and don't venture as far. I lecture about theology and church life, and general life issues as well as blindness. Recently, I gave a talk on loss and was invited to speak at a symposium on the blind experience of time. Mary: We are lucky then that you have no plans to retire. http://www.visionaware.org/info/your-eye-condition/cataracts/recovery-time-after-cataract-surgery/125

From Myanmar Now--bumbling SAC propagandist-- SACK!--+ don't trust Hunterbrook Media--

Myanmar’s military regime is not renowned for its sophisticated propaganda machine. Much of what passes for strategic messaging from the rul...