Monday, February 18, 2019

Gupta-Brahmi script

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gupta_script
Origin of Bengali, Burmese, Tibetan etc. You will notice the sounds and # of alphabets co-incide with Burmese, Which is what my Tibetan friend told me ages ago. After the Chinese invasion, her husband, as a child, the re-incarnation of a lama was forced to hunt and fish, she told me. When the Dalai Lama came, I heard him say to my friend, "So you're the one with the Chinese accent." I don't remember the name of the author, and the book may be in a box somewhere, but Red Poppy, is an excellent novel about Tibet written by a Tibetan in Mandarin. Of course I read it in its English translation. I wish I had learned Mandarin while I was still on the Fulbright scholarship. Prof. Levine asked me about it. But then even my cousin who got to be fluent, passed away maybe a decade ago. Maybe we should say Insha Allah, or its the will of God. Except Buddhists have no God. km 2-18-2019

UN investigation finds junta FB posts fueled 2017 anti-Rohingya feeling--

h ttps://www.irrawaddy.com/news/burma/myanmar-army-behind-facebook-pages-that-fueled-anti-rohingya-violence-un.html