Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Greetings from Washington, DC.

I was supposed to write "Economic effects of Covid-19" for you all over there, but I got caught up in other things, including staying alive, making cloth masks and U.S. politics.  The habits of just 3 years at Radio Free Asia die hard, and I check the news every 2-3 hours, including at night. Needless to say, the economic effects have been and will continue to be devastating.

Death and disease also have a multiplier effect.  On non-political-economy, I am an active member of a Fiber Group, but I am the only one painting, making needlepoint and crocheting.

All I can say is after working for democracy in Burma for decades and studying authoritarian systems, to be confronted with #45 is quite something.  Vote, whichever country you are a citizen of.

You can find my dissertation on the University of Pennsylvania website.  Watch MSNBC. 

Above all, stay alive.

Kyi May Kaung (Ph.D)

27th October 2020.

 

Very nice--a writer meets an actress in a cafe and they fall in love--

https://www.aol.com/news/valerie-bertinelli-boyfriend-reveals-identity-031332062.html