Friday, April 26, 2013

Comments on my painting Little Bikkhuni - from my Facebook page -

  • It's beautiful!
  • Kyi May Kaung Thank you, she's my favorite.
  • Kyi May Kaung Her robes and her face and little bald head were challenging to paint.
  • Kyi May Kaung Even her "pumpkin bag"
  • Sahana Chaudhuri The colors are so vibrant!
  • Kyi May Kaung Thank you - I love color and light.
  • Poe Ziwa Aunty--Is that real Bikkhuni form Burma or you draw illustriously.
  • Poe Ziwa I like this painting very much.
  • Thaw Nyain Very artistic painting, Ah Ma Gyi! Is the term Bikkhuni (or) Bikkhuni Ma?
  • Khinmg Soe ကိုုလိုုနီေခတ္က အရွင္အာဒိစၥ၀ံသ ( ဦးေသဌိလရဲ့ ဆရာ) ဟာ ျမန္မာႏိုုင္ငံမွာ ေပ်ာက္ကြယ္ေနတဲ့ ဘိကၡဳနီသာသနာကိုု ျပန္လည္ထြန္းကားေအာင္ ႀကိဳးစားခဲ့ဖူးပါတယ္။ ဗုုဒၶဘာသာကိုု အေနာက္နုုိင္ငံေရာက္ေအာင္ လုုပ္ဖိုု ့ သံဃာေတာ္မ်ား အဂၤလိပ္စာသင္သင့္ေၾကာင္း ေရးသားတိုုက္တ...See More
  • Kyi May Kaung I painted from the photo of the real bikkhuni (Daw Thissawadi?) who was arrested for being ordained in Sri Lanka, but it does not look like her - none of the paintings I do from photos look like the people in the photo, sometimes they don't recognize themselves. Sometimes they seem to look like someone else. Sometimes they change gender. The correct term is bikkhuni (which is already female - grammar) as opposed to bikkhu (male) - See KMS above used bikkhuni, not bikkhuni ma, which is redundant, like saying table mesa (table table) or bento box(box box) - My friend who lived in Japan thought it hilarious when I ordered a bento box at Teaism - Thank you for all your likes and comments - I will send them to the current owner of the painting, who will be happy as it will increase the value of this painting.

Specialpost--Ellen Bernstein--expose of World Bank Rohingya project--

https://www.irrawaddy.com/culture/books/hellfire-and-damnation-in-myanmar-ex-world-bank-country-head-recounts-rohingya-catastrophe-response....