Thursday, January 10, 2008

Bearing Witness: The art of Daniel Heyman and Fernando Botero

http://www.vqronline.org/articles/2008/winter/heyman-need-to-tell/

I knew Daniel Heyman in Philadelphia a decade ago. We were planning that he design sets and costumes for my play Shaman, but soon after I got the radio job and moved.

I am so happy to know that his career has taken this important "turn." Or rather, like most artists, he is now doing the work he was meant to do all along.

I missed the Botero exhibit at American University. At the time, as I was not too well, it felt an effort to go out in the cold and see these paintings and drawings. Now, of course, I wish I had made the effort.

I can "see" the paintings on line, but it cannot be the same as seeing the originals, all together and life size and bearing witness together.

Copyright Kyi May Kaung

Resources for amputees--special magazine--Amplitude.

https://livingwithamplitude.com/article/putting-love-to-the-test-amputations-effect-on-marriage-and-relationships/