Thursday, January 10, 2008

Slap on the wrist two weeks suspension for anchor who made "lynch" remark of Tiger Woods --

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ap-golfchannel-anchor&prov=ap&type=lgns

Quote from Rev. Al Sharpton,

"Lynch is a racist word."

A young Burmese woman told me that a classmate spat in her face in grade school in California. She said she had not even told her parents this, but was telling me because I was only a casual acquaintance.

A young Burmese man told me in the pizza joint where he did pizza delivery as a student, they called him "rice head."

Remarks like these are not "humor," or if "humor" are a perverted racist "humor."

I dropped someone who remarked "Why don't you change your name to King Kong?"

He was of German origin and I should have replied, "Why don't you change your name to Hitler?" but I did not. I am not good at thinking of quick and smart repartees.

But I can avoid such fools. As my grandmother said, "If a healthy dog bites a rabid one, who do you think is hurt more?"

K. M. Kaung

Resources for amputees--special magazine--Amplitude.

https://livingwithamplitude.com/article/putting-love-to-the-test-amputations-effect-on-marriage-and-relationships/