Thursday, August 03, 2017

Too good not to post in more detail than I usually do. Washington Post has obtained transcripts of DJT phone calls with Mexican Presdt and Australian PM Malcolm Turnbull. Here is last part of MT interchange. Turnbull was pushing for T, to accept people whom Obama admin had already agreed to. You can see, T not dumb, but overly conscious of his own image, not to do what is right as an elected govt leader.

Turnbull Please, if we can agree to stick to the deal, you have complete discretion in terms of a security assessment. The numbers are not 2,000 but 1,250 to start. Basically, we are taking people from the previous administration that they were very keen on getting out of the United States. We will take more. We will take anyone that you want us to take. The only people that we do not take are people who come by boat. So we would rather take a not very attractive guy that help you out then to take a Noble [sic] Peace Prize winner that comes by boat. That is the point. (typos are from original transcript, Wapo says) Trump What is the thing with boats? Why do you discriminate against boats? No, I know, they come from certain regions. I get it. Turnbull No, let me explain why. The problem with the boats it that you are basically outsourcing your immigration program to people smugglers and also you get thousands of people drowning at sea. So what we say is, we will decide which people get to come to Australia who are refugees, economic migrants, businessmen, whatever. We decide. That is our decision. We are a generous multicultural immigration nation like the United States but the government decides, the people’s representatives decides. So that is the point. I am a highly transactional businessman like you and I know the deal has to work for both sides. Now Obama thought this deal worked for him and he drove a hard bargain with us – that it was agreed with Obama more than a year ago in the Oval Office, long before the election. The principles of the deal were agreed to. Trump has to agree to what was decided before he came into office. That’s a number 1 principle of international and domestic relations. If we can’t trust an elected govt, whom can we trust. my comment, kmk Trump I do not know what he got out of it. We never get anything out of it – START Treaty, the Iran deal. I do not know where they find these people to make these stupid deals. I am going to get killed on this thing. Always worries about himself, nothing else. Very Nxonian, even sounds the same. kmk Turnbull You will not. Trump Yes, I will be seen as a weak and ineffective leader in my first week by these people. This is a killer. Trump’s a whiner, and he is weak, and ignorant to boot. kmk Turnbull You can certainly say that it was not a deal that you would have done, but you are going to stick with it. Trump I have no choice to say that about it. Malcom [sic], I am going to say that I have no choice but to honor my predecessor’s deal. I think it is a horrible deal, a disgusting deal that I would have never made. It is an embarrassment to the United States of America and you can say it just the way I said it. I will say it just that way. As far as I am concerned that is enough Malcom [sic]. I have had it. I have been making these calls all day and this is the most unpleasant call all day. Putin was a pleasant call. This is ridiculous. Turnbull Do you want to talk about Syria and DPRK? :)kmk Trump [inaudible] this is crazy. Turnbull Thank you for your commitment. It is very important to us. Trump It is important to you and it is embarrassing to me. It is an embarrassment to me, but at least I got you off the hook. So you put me back on the hook. Turnbull You can count on me. I will be there again and again. Trump I hope so. Okay, thank you Malcolm. Turnbull Okay, thank you. End of call
Photos from Internet.

From Myanmar Now--bumbling SAC propagandist-- SACK!--+ don't trust Hunterbrook Media--

Myanmar’s military regime is not renowned for its sophisticated propaganda machine. Much of what passes for strategic messaging from the rul...