Saturday, May 26, 2018

Usually craft/cooking videos are annoying, too slow, bad accents, etc--well this one is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YjizcV1Xec How to make a Hawaiian quilt. All quilters, me excluded--I am an artist, not a quilter, are extra precise, I am not. I've already cut several motifs and appliqued onto tops. Note, the motifs are usually VERY BIG, so you can handle the material better. Mine were about 8 " square as I put on sleeves and the back of the jacket. Another way is to use part of a motif, on the shoulder, for instance. I'm damned if I am going to make a big quilt that will be hard to display and sell. Also it would be too expensive for my senior/junior customers. Always bear in mind you are competing with clothing imports, while there are more women in the population, most of them aging (USA) and on fixed income. So I try to keep my prices under $100. Anyway, give it a try, Life gets terribly boring. KMK 5-26-2018

National Gallery of Art--Impressionist Movement

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/national-gallery-of-art-set-to-open-paris-1874-the-impressionist-movement/