Saturday, May 18, 2013

Dr. U Thaw Kaung's short video address on Burmese literature and translation etc

Dr. U Thaw Kaung's short speech at Sarpay Lawka (Literary World Conference)

Summary:  Although I cannot come myself due to health reasons, I am thankful for this chance to speak via video.  I wish first to urge all to read more widely, not just literature, but all kinds of writing.  (People) need to know how fine literature is written and other sorts of writing.  Also, through Daw Aung San Suu Kyi and the Daw Khin Kyi Foundation, we are setting up mobile libraries so that everyone, even in remote villages can read.

Many books are in English and so we urge you to translate more -

There is a lot I wish to say, but as time is short also, please let me stop here.

informal translation - kmk

Video in Burmese is on my Facebook page -

From Myanmar Now--bumbling SAC propagandist-- SACK!--+ don't trust Hunterbrook Media--

Myanmar’s military regime is not renowned for its sophisticated propaganda machine. Much of what passes for strategic messaging from the rul...