Sunday, February 08, 2015

Original illustration for my short story Band of Flesh--

Original illustration for my short story Band of Flesh by Tom Curry as it appeared in 1997 Philadelphia Inquirer Sunday Magazine--edited by Avery Rome--

My first money from publishing--not strictly correct--earned my first K40 when I was thirteen with a short story (translation of Min Shin's story) in The Guardian (Rangoon).

I did not use this illustration in my present publication as the other story 53 Red Roses, has to be "taken care of too" on the cover, so I chose an abstract, and I could not locate Curry to ask permission.

Anyway, I love his illustration and should probably frame it.

KMKaung
2-8-2015

From Myanmar Now--bumbling SAC propagandist-- SACK!--+ don't trust Hunterbrook Media--

Myanmar’s military regime is not renowned for its sophisticated propaganda machine. Much of what passes for strategic messaging from the rul...