Thursday, November 15, 2007

3 Reasons to get vaccinated for flu --

1. Prevents death. Each year 20,000 people in the US die due to flu, most are over 65.

2. Prevents severe illness. The flu puts about 114,000 in hospital each year in the US. Children younger than 2 are likely to be hospitalised, as are those over 65.

3. Protects others.

Center for Disease Control.

If you are in Burma, I don't know if you can get a flu shot.

In Burma, AIDS is being spread by using the same needle for everyone, especially in prisons! At home or with a doctor, make sure needles are boiled each time.

In 2001, a Burmese medical doctor called me to add into my interview of her that AIDS was being spread by monks' (head) shaving blades (thindone dah). I rushed to add it to my taped interview before it was broadcast, but the editor!!!! and the management did not allow me to make the addition!

Sharon Olds--Day of Demonstrations

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poetrymagazine/poems/159808/day-of-demonstrations