Sunday, July 06, 2014

Tumbling--by Dianne McKinney--Whetstone

Tumbling, a novel by Dianne McKinney--Whetstone--

http://www.amazon.com/Tumbling-Diane-Mckinney-whetstone/dp/0684837242

I was in the same writing group as Diane in the 90s, The Rittenhouse Writers Group, and Dianne helped me a lot.

I was not in the group when she was writing this, but was in the group when she was writing her second novel, part of a three book series.

Dianne even came to the radio station on Elm St., DC (there is no Elm St in DC) where she spoke about her second novel to me in a radio interview.

The second novel was about heroin addiction in Philadelphia.

During the interview, I praised the opening paragraphs of Tumbling, and Diane then did something I have never seen anyone do before or since--

she reconstructed the opening paragraph from memory because she did not have a copy handy.

Of course this was before the days of a developed Internet and Amazon "look inside" options.

Thank you, Diane, your professionalism is out of this world.

Diane wrote Tumbling while she had a full time job, getting up at 4 AM to write before work.

My colleague and I called it The Diane McKinney-Whetstone model, but I was only able to do it for 2 days.

Kyi

Anne Hathaway on casting love scenes--It's a matter of power--(more May-Dec stories)

h ttps://www.aol.com/entertainment/anne-hathaway-says-gross-chemistry-202037521.html