Tuesday, September 09, 2014

flash fiction--sketch--mad woman--by Kyi May Kaung

Flash fiction--sketch--

Mad homeless woman by the Memorial.

I got off the subway and wished I had gone upstairs before leaving and gotten my cotton jacket.

The breeze is starting to get cool.

On the top of the circular Memorial steps was a woman, with a bag and struggling to put on another shirt.

I thought as I had some time before the Meetup, I would go down into the center of the Memorial and take some photos.

Down there was a very good statue of a soldier in some dark material, maybe lead?

My camera felt like it was running out of batteries, and I don't know if I got the pictures.

But I tried several times.

When I turned my back, I heard some shouting, but no intelligible words.

It was the crazy homeless woman making her statement.

I wondered when it would be me, standing on top of the steps like that, making my Statement.

In the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave, right in front of the National Archives building.

She sure had a sense of timing and place, though maybe crazy as a coot.

I did not go near her, but think she may show up in a photo taken from about 100 yards away.

Because the negative space the sky made between the streets was very interesting.

Copyright KMKaung
9-9-2014

Gorgon/Gorgons--

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorgons