Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Concierto de Aranjuez

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b036k8v8

Pronounced " kon-chair-to d' ah ran hwayz"

check BBC program above.

--Our family friend Joe's son, Dr. HH, a geneticist, just wrote me a second note by email saying he was so sorry we could not open the violin case of the small violin (jr size) given to his father by my father in Chicago.

As I mentioned before J played it accompanied by his daughter on piano way back in the late 1980s.

I was thinking what a good friend J was.

Not only did he not disappear like most people did when my father died, he continued on to be our friend till he died.

I did not see him in person after 1988 due to many health problems he and his wife were going through.

The last time he spoke on phone was to my brother in 2004 when my brother was visiting DC.

--Dr HH said next time I come to LA, he will have had the violin re-strung and have his younger son play it for me.  But I am just happy they have the violin.

It is not a Stradivarus, but by now it has a history and I intend to invite Dr HH's 2 children to play with my piano whiz grand nephew at my funeral, and maybe for him to speak.

--

On the other hand, if you have an ugly mole on your nose, a flat head and no brain, you are not welcome on my blog.

This is only for the visual artists and writers who have a poetic soul,

and I don't consider media people to have much soul.

So that's it for today.

BTW, Joe introduced me to the music of Andres Segovia on classical guitar and Wynton Marsalis on trumpet, took me to the National Gallery of Art, drove us home via the Blue Ridge Highway--and sent me my first doll from Chicago that had eyes that closed when she was lain down.

I started listening to opera as his wife Scallion said she had come to love opera.  She said she was growing orchids because my mother grew orchids.

--I remember exactly how I heard about this concerto.

I did book readings in Philadelphia and NJ, and at the time my other friend had a husband who had had a stroke? and was dying, and she also had a friend from S. America, Getulio? was his name, from one of the oppressive countries, I don't remember exactly which one.

When I mentioned classical guitar, G wrote "Concierto de Aranguez" on a small slip of paper, and I found the CD in a bookstore.

Then (1998) you could not go on line and search and listen to music so easily.

The BBC program above is much like the specials I used to make, where the music is seamlessly underlaid in the story, and also part of the story.

Anyway, this post is not for the puffed up personalities in Bur lang media

as I said, you need a poetic soul.

That's all for today.

KMKaung
Of Life and Art.
9-29-2015
from my Facebook page--


From Myanmar Now--bumbling SAC propagandist-- SACK!--+ don't trust Hunterbrook Media--

Myanmar’s military regime is not renowned for its sophisticated propaganda machine. Much of what passes for strategic messaging from the rul...