Monday, October 24, 2016

What it's like finishing a book with his wife, by a friend who has died--

https://www.theguardian.com/books/booksblog/2016/aug/12/mal-peet-meg-rosoff-final-novel-beck

I doubt I can do it.

I signed off writing a life style book with my Ethnic Friend, as she brought out so many articles she had written already from her particular ethnic point of view--let's say "Purple Bean Group"

Also, preoccupied with looking after her husband, she has NEVER answered a single email, so I have given it up.

I will either write it the way I want, including her particular lifestyle without the ethnic element, or give up the idea completely, but I think the former is likelier than the latter.

I have already started formatting this book,
and am in the final stages of proof reading one of my memoirs:  A Time to Write, Not Just About Burma.

I don't think I could live without writing and publishing, and I was truly surprised that she and her in laws liked my fiction, which is all about refugee strippers, FGM, conjoined twins, political refugees, animals and so on.

I had always thought of her as very puritanical and straight-laced.

It just shows how liberal some people can be in their reading.

I hope it lasts.

K.M.Kaung
10-24-2016


NYT--Columbia University protests against Gaza occupation--

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/24/us/columbia-protests-encampment.html Columbia is an Ivy League institution.