Friday, October 28, 2016

Wow--was just there today and had our picture taken with jockey Toledo.

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/toledo-rides-four-winners-friday-top-laurel-standings/

I know nothing about horse-racing but used my $2 coupon to bet on a #10, whose muscles and legs I thought were good from the look we got of them in the paddock.

A #5 required 3 men to subdue him, and I thought was too frisky to bet on.

He was last.

I did not win but #10 came in 4th.

A mother daughter team I knew did very well, winning they said about 1/2 way, $70 each, which would about cover what we spent for the day trip and lunch. Later, they won some more.

From $ 6, the mom said.

Me--I gave my coupon to the race track.

But as usual, I got a story from my trip to the race track and terms like

paddocks
Preakness
Pimlico
Baltimore
Laurel

Belmont.

The jockeys were all small wiry men, maybe weighing 70 pounds each.

Weather was nice--

my only problem was too many TV screens and betting machines and not enough horse smell.

But I was happy enough.

The food was so so.

Try and guess how I will use the race track in my fiction.

Nice Day.

K.M.Kaung
10-28-2016
Laurel Race Track.


From Myanmar Now--bumbling SAC propagandist-- SACK!--+ don't trust Hunterbrook Media--

Myanmar’s military regime is not renowned for its sophisticated propaganda machine. Much of what passes for strategic messaging from the rul...