Sunday, May 13, 2018

Pete Seeger, To my old brown earth + Aung San Suu Kyi

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-pty-pty_maps&hsimp=yhs-pty_maps&hspart=pty&p=to+my+old+brown+earth+pete+seeger+youtube#id=1&vid=63cdab2834c47bfaaf5f31311ab31fd3&action=click I still regret that I didn't go to Upstate NY to Beacon for a poetry reading, but decided to participate by phone instead. It was so cold and in Feb. of 2009, and if I knew it was near where Seeger lived, I would have gone. Too late now. The reading was for an art show in honor of Aung San Suu Kyi. I asked for Skype, but it had to be done by phone instead. Later, organizers hand delivered the booklet to her, and sent around her picture. I am really sad about all the bad press she is getting now. Remember, the public called her Ahmay Suu (Mother Suu). Kyi May Kaung Words Sounds and Images

IMPT--Rape support hotlines from the guardian--keep on your phone:

Information and support for anyone affected by rape or sexual abuse issues is available from the following organisations. In the UK, Rape C...