Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Philip Roth--dead at 85

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Roth I don't particularly like his me centered, man-centered writing, but I did read Claire Bloom's Leaving the Doll's House for my women's bio reading group- I think she was an equally flawed character, who once had an affair with Richard Burton (on a train, says her book!) and she is/was as lacking in self esteem as her rival Liz Taylor, whom she criticized too. These women can only live through their reflection they see in men's eyes, despite their success commercially, they were pretty sad specimens. k 5-23-2018

From Myanmar Now--bumbling SAC propagandist-- SACK!--+ don't trust Hunterbrook Media--

Myanmar’s military regime is not renowned for its sophisticated propaganda machine. Much of what passes for strategic messaging from the rul...